Sunday, February 27, 2011

why didn't he become a man...

I just don't understand how these past 10 years he never grew up.  Marrying as young as I did, I expected that we would grow together, that we would adapt and learn and explore life together, that we would experience parenthood together, raise our kids together, grow up together.  But somehow he didn't.  He didn't help raise our kids, he never changed a diaper willingly, and unwillingly only changed 4 out 5 kids and almost 10 years of diapers thats not much.  He didn't work hard for the family, he didn't work hard with the family.  He worked hard at nothing.  He did not take responsibility for anything.  He went through jobs like toilet paper, he didn't study to excel, he didn't care

When he told me he was playing bachelor a few years ago I should have taken notice, when he was fired from a job a few years before that for sexual harassment I should have done something, when  he would go and get high instead of going to the park with our first child I should have stepped back and looked at what his and my life was going to be.

I wish when I had talked to him over the summer, when I had told him things needed to change I wish he had listened.  I wish he had looked for a job instead of continueing to ask his dad for money.  I wish he had stayed home at night instead of going off to get druck, and high, and party, I wish he had helped around the house, played with his kids instead of yelled at them, taught them to do things instead of made them feel worthless.

Why didn't he just grow up to be a man...

No comments:

Post a Comment