Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snooping

That man has been snooping around, he sees tire tracks in the driveways and wants to know who was here, the kids tell him, it was the Hay man, thats no secret. But what he doesn't know is that it was also the plumber, and the towtruck man. He comes by to pick up something the kids brought back with them from his house, he comes back with things they forgot, 3 separate times.   He wanders out to the barn and looks for things, or at things, or who knows.  He tries to tell me what to do, he tries to tell me what I'm not doing, that the house is not clean enough, that I am not doing things his way.

For instance he wants me to climb up on the metal roof and shovel off the snow.  He has done this *once* and that was the day before the contractor was coming to put on the new roof.  I am not climbing on an icy metal roof to shovel off snow; We don't live in a trailer or a double wide, their is no reason to do that. The metal roof is designed to heave the snow off when it gets to heavy.  He told me to shovel it off last week, I just said I would take care of it, and rolled my eyes when he walked away.  He told the kids to tell me to shovel the roof off, I told them no, and explained how metal roofs work.  then guess what?  the roof heaved last night and all the snow came off into a nice big pile.  Today he told me again to shovel it and I told him to go and take a look, it didn't need to be done.  He is such as idiot, I wonder why I ever married him sometimes.

Frankly I could care less what he thinks, or how he wants me to do things.  I wish he would stop coming and nosing around.  I wish the judge would have given me the order the order of protection I had requested so he wasn't just popping up all the time.

Oh, and he is so mad that I changed the locks, he is ad-emit that I can't do that.  And feels it is wrong that I put a *gasp* collar on the dog, and a reflective one at that so that when he runs across the road to the barn at night cars can see him (one of the inherent risks of being a quick black dog, is that it is very hard for cars to see you at night), and utterly dismayed that I have the gall to put the dog in a kennel when I leave the house.   When we had a hunting dog we did it all the time, but the thought that I am putting this dog (his dog that he choose not to take with him, and rented a place where dogs are not allowed) in the kennel when I leave the house horrifies him as if I were whipping him!  And the dog actually gets a choice, he can either come with me ( this choice is not always available), stay outside and go over to the barn, or go in the kennel.  And guess what when it is 10 degrees outside before wind chill, he is more than happy to stay in the kennel.  And I am more than happy to put him in there if it means no ripped up papers or chewed up toys when I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment