Thursday, February 10, 2011

Not a health hazard

Oh.My.Goodness.  That man is insane, yesterday he told me the house was a health hazard.  I then reacted as I am sure he wanted me to, stopped what I really  needed to get done, like my work, preparing for the weekends farmers market, and sending out new referrals and website updates.

As he drove away, I began to frantically clean, I washed the dishes, I vacuumed the whole house and mopped the floors, I took folded laundry up to the bedrooms, I picked up toys off the floor, and wiped down the bathroom.  I was done as the bus pulled up, and my motherly duties called.  Homework and snacks, valentines and crafts, farm chores and projects, dinner and baths, bedtime and a call to my mom.

My mom said that man knew what he was doing, he was trying to agitate and harass me.  She asked what I cleaned and pointed out, that that is not dirty, it is messy.  I think I knew that, but he just gets to me.  having toys out that kids are plaiyng with, having dishes in the sink or folded laundry waiting to be put away is not dirty.  Even the floors were not really dirty, especially when you consider that we do live on a farm and it is snow-boot season, and there are 5 kids and 2 dogs that frequently go in and out of the house.

Well, he succeeded.  I normally clean after the kids are in bed, when it is to late for me to do any work that requires phone calls.  I ended up calling my babysitters house after 9:15 (yikes) just not something you should do, but I needed to talk with her.  She was already asleep so I spoke with her mom instead.  I couldn't make my calls on the websites or the referrals, I was to tired to prepare for the farmers market (I just wasn't up to 2 hours + of jam making at that point).

Today is going to be a hectic one, as I now have to do all of todays work including prepping for kids tests tomorrow, making snack for one of the kids snack day, and picking up the old dog from surgery at the vets, and domestic abuse counseling, along with what didn't get done yesterday.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment