Friday, March 25, 2011

Baby Powder

Caught unaware

I always seem to have bottles and bottles of the stuff around, and it rarely gets used.  Somewhere I think there is a conspiracy that tells everyone to buy new moms baby powder by the boat loads.  The stuff is really only good for keeping ants away and occasionally dusting on a moist baby.  Now maybe some people use it all the time I on the other hand use it rarely, when heat rash or sick rash; Sick rash, you know the rash on the bottom when the baby is feeling ill and throwing up, but it isn't a diaper rash or a yeast infection?  Yeah that one.



Covered head to toe
Covered head to toe
[

All the kids were home sick the other day, yes all 5 of the kids were home and under the weather enough not to be able to go to school, and the baby had sick rash from the night before when she was throwing up in her bed, in my bed, on me...  Well, I was a little tired when I changed her last diaper and left the bottle of baby powder sitting out.  Never ever leave baby powder sitting out if you have kids, it goes from innocent moisture control to a powder bombs in seconds.



Dancin'. dancin', dancinn'!!!


I went upstairs to check on the sickest of the sick, my oldest who was hunkering down in my bed, and by the time I came back the other 4 managed to coat the kitchen floor with a whole bottle of baby powder.  They were having a grand old time, dancing, and kicking, and stomping, and patting little handprints into it, rubbing it on their faces, playing makeup with it, and so on and so forth.



It was everywhere, and I just had to laugh, who knew that a bottle of baby powder could cure 4 sick kids of the cruddies?





 
I didn't do it - FarmDog


And yes that is a fog of powder hanging in the air.

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOSH!!!!!!! Kids are sooooo crafty!! I love it! But, I must say---I'm glad it wasn't me that had to clean up that mess! Whew!!!

    ReplyDelete