Sunday, July 24, 2011

Me time

Me time is something I never use to get, it's a foreign concept for me.  I am the one that doe the laundry and the shopping; the cooking and the cleaning; the mothering and the fathering, the good little wifey that stays home and does all that can be done including the farming and the animal husbandry; the selling and the marketing, everything and more.  So me time is not something there's just any time for.

And now there is.  It' not that I have any less to do, it's just that every other weekend all my little people disappear to there dads for 48 hours.  In that 48 hours I still have to do the farming and the selling, but after that?    At around 3:30 Saturday afternoon, I go into me mode.  I read a book, I talk on the phone, I go shopping, or for a bike ride.  In the evening I have to do the farm chores sure, but afterwards?  I shower and go out.  It is great to go somewhere and talk to someone, or watch a sports game, or have someone else cook you dinner and not have to think about the dishes for once.  And then Sunday morning?  I sleep, I sleep as long as I want, if I wake up before 10, I turn over and go back to sleep and then I take more me time, right up till about 4 in the afternoon.  Sure I still have laundry to do and piles of dishes, bills to pay and toys to put away, but all that can wait.  Me time comes around for a fleeting period of time and taking that break makes it so much easier to meet the demands of daily life for the next 2 weeks.

Everyone deserves a little me time.

No comments:

Post a Comment